Monday, April 16, 2012

Superposition


It was taken in the Universal Studios Japan Jurassic Park The Ride 26-12-2007 (around 3pm perhaps?). Look at my “shitty” face and you will know how scared I was that time. You think you know the real meanings of “scare the shit outta me”? No one knows better than me!! LOL! I was so scared that I almost “shit it out”, I screamed until my voice cords almost break and I might puke my lungs and heart up if the ride were 1 meter higher! Well, honestly, it was fun though! Sometimes I wonder, why is it has to be scared in order to have fun? Why is it has to be exhausted than, when you come to bed and the moment you lie down, you can feel the “pleasure”? Why is it has to be very thirsty than you will find even pure water is sweet? How ironic!! Maybe ying-yang is one of the laws of nature? Perhaps quantum rules applied? In the regime of quantum physics, everything is in the “superposition”, meaning it can be located in your left hand, right hand or “left AND right hands” at the same time, if you could ever grab an electron with both of your hands! Another analogies, water in a lake. The water in the lake can help the passengers to cross the lake rather easier than walk cross the lake, if you’ve got a boat of course. Without the water, the passengers have to walk. With the water, they need only one guy to swing the paddles and the rest of the passengers can just sit back and enjoy the scenery. So where are the quantum rules, where is the “superposition”, you asked? The “superposition” is “convenience AND the danger of drowning”! The water can give the passengers convenience, danger and “convenience AND danger”. If you take it in a broader sense, everything applied to the quantum rules, regardless of government’s policy, the problem of overpopulation in the world, etc. In addition, mathematics is also correct, wrong and “correct AND wrong”. You really think 1+1=2 is really correct? Think again! As the matter of fact, mathematicians still unable to answer this most fundamental and basic question: What is number? Together with “what is time?”, “what is number?” is one of the most profound questions in Philosophy of Science. These questions are believed that can’t be solve in Science alone thus they need philosophy to get into the circle. If you cant answer me what is number, how can you be so sure that 1+1=2. I believe that even mathematics cannot escape from the nature of “superposition”: mathematics is “correct AND wrong”. In short, everything is “good AND bad”, “correct AND wrong”, etc. Notice that it’s “good AND bad”, not “good OR bad”. There is a difference between “AND” and “OR”. For instance, the problem of overpopulation: it benefits the economy (sell more and make more money) AND harms our Gaia. If it would be an “OR” case, it is either benefits the economy OR harms our Gaia. Got it? I hope you are convinced. So, now I think we can understand why is it so that you have to be scared in order to have fun (superposition of scare AND fun) a wee bit better. If you have a hardworking kid who likes to learn and study, you should start to worry because, in superposition, your kid is “good AND bad”. Good in academic AND bad in health. Well, I think you’ve got the idea and I should stop the reiteration.


Well, back to the photo of the ride. As a matter of fact, it never failed to make me smile every time I look at it. I always find it very funny (I’ve got the biggest mouth if you’ve noticed!) and I really like it very much. So, where is the “superposition” of the photo, you asked? This photo was around S$32 (¥1950)…

No comments:

Post a Comment