Friday, May 7, 2010

Finally.. AY09/10 Sem 2 is over.. part 2


If you remember "Finally..AY09/10 Sem 1 is over", I did mentioned "how much effort I have put in". Looking back, by judging myself, I think I have only put 50% of my effort into study for AY09/10 Sem 1. Likewise, I think I have "improved" by putting 75% of my effort into study for AY09/10 Sem 2. You may ask how come I can "improved dramatically"? Interested into QM2 as well as MPF asides, the real reason that forces me to increase my concentration on study is simply study with my Mac shutting down. Since all the lecture notes are in ppt or pdf format, I used to study with my Mac on because I neglected to print out all the lecture notes in order to save money as well as trees. In fact, by having posted "Finally..AY09/10 Sem 1 is over", I have started to think about the "root-cause" that reduced my "productivity" about study and I realized that indeed it is my Mac that draw most of my concentration from study.

As we all knew, WWW is full of useful as well as junk information and website. The temptation of surfing the junk website is just a-click away. With my Mac on, psychologically I will be tempted to surf something that will waste my time like Facebook. In fact, I have told myself that I'm only allow to surf Wikipedia in order to clear my doubt regarding physics but I always break the rule. Therefore, I have decided to print out all the lectures note (pardon me, trees) and keep my Mac at bay as much as possible started from AY09/10 Sem 2.

As mentioned earlier, I can only increased 25% of the effort (it should be at least 30% I think) and I still prefer to have my Mac around when I am studying. Am I addicted to WWW? If I really do addicted to WWW, how to get rid of it? Or it is normal to addicted to WWW since everyone is doing the same?

I think I really can't blame my Mac or WWW for distraction. If I were to have strong determination, I guess nothing can move me. It is myself to be blamed and I shall keep this in mind at all times.

Well, I think I have to apologize to the earth in advance as I am going to use a lot of paper for lecture notes the following semester, too but I promise that I will definitely recycle all the paper.

Long live our Gaia.

No comments:

Post a Comment