Tuesday, November 10, 2009

ES2007 Final Reflection.

photo source: limerickflower.com

November 12th, 2009 will be my last tutorial session for ES2007S. Looking back, it was August 17th, 2009 I have my first tutorial session for ES2007S and it seems that August 17th, 2009 was just yesterday. I stepped in the classroom with poor communication skills and I have no idea how to construct a proposal. My friend (non-physic major) told me that this module is going to take me a lot of time for the workload and I will have a lot of presentations (which most of the students don’t like). With the interest in improving my communication skill, I neglected all the negative “feedback” and I told myself: “I’m going to do this.” Ironically, I found that it is the easiest module for this semester (compare with my core modules and neglecting the grade)! Thankfully, I enjoyed every single moment I have with this module. I’m so glad that I have a very knowledgeable and supportive tutor, Happy sensei as well as a group of classmates who are passionate about effective communication. My classmates are not only passionate about the module, they are also very friendly and more than willing to help (for blog, peer teaching review as well as proposal’s comments). Thus, with the help from my classmates, I believe that my communication skills have improved and I’m more comfortable with presentations. THANK YOU!

Honestly, this module does provides me an excellent platform to improve my communication skills but due to time constraint (we have only 12 weeks for a semester), I think I’m still green in communication skills and there is room for improvement. How I wish there is ES3007S in CORS! Well, if there is no ES3007S in CORS, I guess I shouldn’t just stop learning communication skills. In fact, I should be independent and start learning communication skills by myself by connecting myself to the world! The world is the best platform for me to improve my communication skills!

Last but not least, all the best to Happy sensei as well as all my dear classmates of ES2007S Group 5 AY09/10 Semester 1 at NUS.

A bouquet of rose for Happy sensei as well as my dear classmate fellows.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Ryan,

    I have to admit that if there's a similar module to ES2007S, i would definitely put it in my "modules-to-do" list. What's the use of getting all the knowledge in the world when one has trouble sharing and communicating with other people. The information transfer is just zero. I personally believe this module has helped most (if not all) of us grow in terms of our presentation skills, effective communication and also the process of written (applying the 7Cs). All of these are indeed very important and i believe knowing the principles and fundamentals of effective communication would value add the user on the long run.

    Just reflect back over the past few semester. Can we name a single module that actually helped developed us as individuals in terms of our written, communication and presentation skills? Bsides Freshman Seminar or CELC-related modules, i think ES2007S has indeed provided a good platform for us to brush up on these soft and hard skills. :D

    Oh well, it's been nice getting to know you! I'm so glad to make your acquitance! Cheers to that!

    Regards.
    Ariff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ryan,


    When I chose this module, no one even told me what it is about haha~ Indeed this module helped alot of us. However, are you sure you will want a level 3000 module that is somewhat similar to this? Imagine what kind of evil final project do we have to do?

    Anyhow, all the best to you too!


    Regards,
    Pak Ming

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Ryan,

    A very well written final reflection and Blog, I have always liked reading your blog because it is very unique (content wise). In addition I really like the fact that you change you blog layout often which makes reading your blog more interesting :)

    It has been great working with you and I’m really glad having met you. Thank you for your comments on my Blog, they showed that you think deeply and your comments have helped me improve further. Thank you so much and best wishes for your future. Do keep in touch :)

    Cheerios,
    Keerth ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear all,

    Once again, thank you so much for reading my blog as well as your supportive comments which have made my blog more "interesting" and professional.

    It is really nice knowing all of you. By commenting each other blog, it is really a very good idea to learn from each other as well as building solid and concrete friendship.

    Also, I really hope that all of us will maintain our blog as well as willing to share whatever experiences you have faced in future (study, working, relationship or even difficulties). Believe me, there is always somebody who cares for you and you will never be alone.

    Last but not least, all the best to you all and take care!

    Cheers,
    Ryan

    ReplyDelete